Along the road that leads from Capolona to Talla is the small village of Bibbiano, which dominates the entire valley below. Located on the gentle slope of a hill that rises between the initial course of the Valiano and the Lame (which then forms the Catriolo), it is extremely interesting for the still evident imprint of its past. Bibbiano was a castle of significant strategic importance due to its position, owned by important families such as the Bostoli and the Guidi counts. Despite the transformations, it has maintained much of its medieval walls, preserving a sober and austere line.
Various architectural testimonies of its past still remain today, the most evident is the watchtower of the ancient castle, now used as the bell tower of the church, which is clearly visible from afar and seems to dominate the surrounding territory. Also noticeable are the evident foundations of towers and remains of fortification walls that can be seen in various points along the perimeter of the village.
Its church, dedicated to Saint Mary, is listed in the tax records of the years 1278-1279 and dependent on the parish of Saint Martin above the Arno; it was under the patronage of the Abbey of Campoleone. Just below the village, there is the public fountain of the town, also an ancient wash house, decorated with three coats of arms: two belonging to local families and the central one is the coat of arms of Capolona.
In the last century, a Roman cistern belonging to the 1st-2nd century AD was found near Bibbiano, in the locality of Fonteberna.